Sunday, January 15, 2012

The 2012 Victorian Reading Challenge!


Well, I think I've ignored my blog long enough and I wanted to start something which would compel me to sit and write something. So, I've stumbled onto this lovely reading challenge hosted by Laura's Reviews. So, here is the challenge in place.

The Victorian era encompasses everything from 1837 to 1901. And as part of this challenge, I'll try not to just restrict myself to books, but will try reviewing (as best as I can) movies, period adaptations and the like :P And well, my authors so chosen are:

January - The Bronte Sisters
February - E Nesbit
March - Lewis Carroll
April - Oscar Wilde
May - Rudyard Kipling
June - Anthony Trollope
July - George McDonald
August - Elizabeth Gaskell
September - George Eliot
October - Charles Dickens
November - William Thackersay
December - Robert & Elizabeth Browning

Well, this is the general author list I do want to get through. And I hope to read through some other books as well. Which are not specifically mentioned on the list.

So, begins the month of the Brontes now. I shall begin with:
1. The Tenant Of Wildfell Hall - Anne Bronte
2. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
3. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
4. Agnes Grey
5. Shirley - Charlotte Bronte

Well, let's get cracking :D

3 comments:

  1. Oh shucks, I meant to finish Dracula this month! Have like 70% left of it and an hour to read, so that's not going to happen. Oh well. Good luck with the challenge your end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done nothing much.:( I'm halfway through some of the books and have read others , but didn't have the opportunity to write. Oh well, its going to be a overload of posts now.:)

    ReplyDelete