Sunday, September 11, 2011

Inspiration...


I need inspiration right now . In fact, I crave it. My mind has become this stagnant pool of repetitive thoughts. It no more churns ideas out. It just gets lazier and lazier everyday . It resorts to poor sources of information preferring mere substitutes rather than a powerhouse of richness and knowledge or at least things which will soon begin to matter.

And while I crib about my state of mind, what is it that I do about it? Absolutely nothing! But I think becoming aware of such a problem is the first step towards its correction.

So , inspiration !! What animates my soul? Influences my mind. Makes me write or just wake up from this self imposed stupor. 

Good music definitely.  Listening to the powerful croons of Gregory Alan Isokov or
 the ballads of Noah and the Whale do shake me up. Following is my playlist of the week.

1. Monday - 
 Maak Jou Drome Waar - AB De Villiers

For the eye candy and general up lifting lyrics. And I've to learn more about Africa. 


2.Tuesday -Thistle & Weeds  - Mumford & Sons
No week is complete without Mumford & Sons. Its important to be true to myself and not what others want of me.. 


3.Wednesday -L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. - Noah & The Whale. 
To get rid of those mid week blues and just do things without regret


4.Thursday - Enjoy The Silence - Anberlin
Sometimes nothing has to be said. Its more important to feel things and understand them. 


5.Friday - Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
Because we just have to live live and enjoy it for what it is and stop cribbing. 


6.Saturday - I Wish It Rained Some Wine - The Guter Gutters 
For friends and awesome memories. 


7. Sunday - When We Swam - Thao & The Get Down Stay Down
For happiness and love... 


Good books. Lovely Movies. Letters. Swimming ( Interestingly, I do get a lot of ideas when I swim ). 


But I can't really ask for too much now. 


As a friend of mine says :
When done properly, you’ll find that everyday can be profound because you’ll learn something new, meet different people and try something radical. So my point is that wisdom will always be accompanied by age because we never stop learning until we die!! 


Well said , bud!!


So , what inspires you? What makes those clogs go round and round. What makes you think out of the box?    

No comments:

Post a Comment