Wednesday, October 12, 2011

At Peace...

Watching the world go by us a very pleasant thing. People drive past, frantic conversations are held, lovers fight and make up. It seems ironic that when Mumbai is at its busiest, you fell this calm and contentment within you which just makes you smile. 

Although I love coming home with a group of people gossiping away, I love the solitary journeys home from college. And I love it best with my IPod Playlist ringing in my ears. The sounds of the vendors selling their paraphernalia, the women fighting over places to sit, the announcer's voice all cease to exist and at that moment everything seems perfect. The sun is brighter, the people more friendlier, the journey much more pleasant. 

It isnt often that I feel like this. So happy with things. So not bothered by mundane things. Is it post exam feelings or am I relishing it more because I'm aware that I have another exam coming up so I value to the time more?? Its anyone's guess really.

And this has been a lovely relaxing week. There has been no pressures. No responsibilities. No "need" to do anything other than enjoy myself and recuperate. My mind is at peace.

Its like the rain outside my window at the moment. A period of coolness, of tranquility after days of intense heat. 

Can life get any better? 
Raindrops On My Window Sill !
]


1 comment:

  1. Nice piece! Returning from college is a different kind of feeling, made me a bit nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete